Details to Come!
Want to help shape the association? Apply to become a Director!
Applications are accepted year-round. Members in good standing with the association, and are duly authorized by the business ownership to represent it as a director, are encouraged to apply.
Each applicant requires board approval prior to standing for nomination to the Board of Directors. The Leading Spas of Canada presents a new slate of directors at the Annual General Meeting.
The Nominations Committee will review the following factors when considering applicants for possible nomination as member representatives on the Leading Spas of Canada Board of Directors. Applicants must be:
• Committed to the growth and development of the Canadian spa industry.
• Focused on the best interests of the association and all its members, rather than on personal or constituent interest.
• Experienced in the field of spa industry management at a senior level.
• Recognized as current or future leaders in the spa industry management.
• Able to serve for a minimum of one two-year term to a maximum of three, two-year terms.
• Experienced and comfortable with setting policy and establishing strategic direction.
• Able to act as committee or project liaison.
• Comfortable working within a team, contributing reasoned opinion, and accepting and supporting decisions reached by the Board.
• Experienced working with a diverse membership and understand regional issues.
• Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board, committees, attend association events, if applicable, and represent Leading Spas of Canada as requested.
• Able to commit to attending regular monthly teleconference meetings. Meetings are typically two hours in duration and schedules are pre-determined.
• Able to attend at least one in-person meeting, typically 1-2 days, at participant’s own expense.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Leading Spas of Canada is governed by a Board of Directors, with the support of the Standards & Practices Advisory Panel and various committees.